Sep 26, 2018
Did you know?
Crime Stoppers in partnership with the Department of the Environment Wildlife Enforcement Directorate recently announced that we will be taking anonymous tips from the public regarding violations of the following Federal Acts:
Canada Wildlife Act (CWA) and regulations.
- Any tips that relate to a federal National Wildlife Areas.
Migratory Birds Convention Act (MBCA) and regulations.
- Any tips that relate to any activity on a federal Migratory Bird Sanctuary.
- Any tips that relate to migratory birds on a federal National Wildlife Area.
- All other migratory bird tips should be sent to both WED and the provincial agency for both agencies to triage further.
Species At Risk Act (SARA)
- Any tips that relate to federal Species At Risk on federal properties (including First Nations, but excluding National Parks).
- Any tips that relate to any wildlife on federal properties (including First Nations, but excluding National Parks).
Wild Animal and Plant Protection and Regulation of International and Interprovincial Trade Act (WAPPRIITA) and regulations.
- Any tips that relate to the import or export of exotic species.
- Any tips that relate to the trade in polar bears.
- We do not want tips relating to possession of exotic species; that is likely a bylaw issue.
If you have information on those responsible for violating these Acts you can contact us at 2.800.222.8577 or leave a tip online at www.crimestoppers.net